2. My poor dad has had quite the year! 1st he had cancer issue and had to have surgery to remove some things, then he had radiation. Now he is battling a rotator-cuff injury! The poor, poor man! His surgery was on April 1st and it was a "doosie," according to Dr. Watne! The worst he'd seen, which included 9 anchors & 3 1/2hrs of surgery. Lili & I were able to go home & help out a bit. We drove him to places, ran his daily errands, & Lili played with him. I just hope he has a speedy recovery because shoulder surgery is harsh!
3. A dear friend of the family passed away from a long battle with cancer. I considered her to be an "auntie," and we considered her as family. We got news of her passing while dad was in surgery & I felt bad that my mom had to break the news to him in that state of mind. We knew she had been suffering for such a long time, but she was so young. Lili & I made the trip home to not only help out with dad, but to attend her memorial service. It was such a beautiful service and my family had the opportunity to participate in a Samoan Choir of 50+ people(My family is Hawaiian and the languages are so not the same!). It was awesome to see the Polynesian family come together & sing in her honor! It really gave me chills and it made me proud to represent my culture! Through out our stay we would reminisce about our experiences with her and her family. I had know idea the history my parents had with her and her husband. She will be dearly missed but I'm so happy to know that she is no longer suffering. We love her & her family!

No comments:
Post a Comment