I had a feeling that something was going to happen when we took off. I didn't know what but something. Half way through the gorge, Lili starts screaming bloody murder! It was awful! And of course there is no where to stop. We finally made it out of the gorge and I pulled immediately over, off on the side of the road. I crawled my way back to her and swooped her in my arms. She would not calm down. It was so, so scary! I tried rocking her, I tried standing with her, nothing. Then she started chocking which lead to hyperventilating. I really started to panic! I called Taylor, and then I called my mama, and I finally called my doc. The doc office said that if this persists to come in the next day, but for now give her a warm bath. . . idiot! I was on the side of the road, how was I supposed to do that?! Lili was so, so upset that she wouldn't let me put her back into her car seat. For 1 hour she was in hysteric's and I was panicked. I really felt something was wrong with her and I had no way of helping her. By then Taylor was on his way to come and help me, as was my wonderful cousin.
Two hours had passed and Lili is finally, starting to calm down. Well, I then realize that my car lights are starting to flicker and then a beep comes on. Oops! Apparently I had left my car on and yes the battery was dying. Oh my goodness! Next, my phone battery was almost dead. Awesome! I was stranded on the side of the road with nothing. I felt helpless. I sat there, in the dark, with nothing. And what really made me mad was a lovely cop drove by and didn't stop. You rock buddy!
By then I had sat there for 2 1/2 hrs. My cousin shows up, but he didn't have jumper cables to start my car. Lucky Taylor was able to stop and buy some. He finally made it, got my car started and off we went back to St. George. I did not want to drive home and by then it was mid-night, so the boys drove my car and parked at the next exit. We stayed in St. George and decided to try and get Lili check-out the next morning. We called 4 times and could not get thru to the Doc. We left a message and still nothing. It turns out they aren't open on Thrus. WTF! So, we decided to head home and see what happens with Lili. The doc finally called us back and said it was side effects from her vaccines and it was to be expected. Awesome!
So Lessons learned from this experience:
1. Get a doc in the same city, excuse me the same state!
2. Always over pack & pack extra. . . .I usually do, believe me, but this time I didn't.
3. Keep and emergency kit in the car. . .I know better!
I am just so grateful that Lili is alright! She is back to her usual happy self, which is such a sigh of relief. And I'm so, so grateful for my wonderful family! They mean the world to me and I hope they know that I, too, would do ANYTHING for them!

2 comments:
Ok Seriously freaky!! I hate when you feel so helpless...when it come to kids! Man that seems to be a extreme reaction to the shots!!! Not one of my kids has done that!! I am sorry you had to go through all of that!! And man through the gourge!!!
I'm sorry that really stinks. Avrie did that after her 2 month shots and I was a mess. We just gave her some infant Tylenol and she calmed right down. Now I make sure I always give her Tylenol either before or right after her shots. She hasn't done it since. Hope things are going well.
Post a Comment