Monday, November 16, 2009

Run Forrest Run

Lili has started this funny thing where she unloads this green box & places it on her head. Then she walks around the house bumping into things. Its really quite funny! Here she is with Grandma Hunter making everyone laugh!
Two weekends ago Lili & I drove up to St. George for two reasons: 1.) Her 1yr Dr. appointment 2.) so I could attempt my running skills in the Snow Canyon 1/2 & 5k. . . . no I ran the 5k, I'm not that crazy yet! Lili checked out healthy at the Dr. weighing in at a whopping 18lbs! Yep, still a weenie! She is 5% in weight, 10% in height, & 70% in head circumference. (that has got to be thanks to her dad! My head just has massive amounts of hair!). She just needs some hair to cover her noggin!

Saturday me & my good friend Deborah ran the race. Lili had to join us in the jogger stroller, which ended up being quite entertaining. Basically she screamed the whole race. . who needs an ipod when you have a scream to run to?! No, it was motivation to finish the race fast & quick! Lili & I came in at 27:27, which isn't too bad, and I finished 4th place in my age group! I will take it for my 1st race! It was a good time, met some great people, got a sweet shirt, & awesome food at the finish line (the whole reason to do a race!). My goal is to slowly, but surly work my way up: 10k, 1/2 marathon. . . I'm not 100% sure about the full marathon. I'll get back to you on that one!
Deborah coming into the finish line
Lili & mama hanging out with the crowd.

No comments: