This year Thanksgiving we decided to stay home in our lovely little house in
Las Vegas. We had heard that the weather was going to be treacherous, which meant horrible roads to travel on, so we opted to stay home. Taylor also had to work the whole weekend, which was another contributing factor. It was a great Thanksgiving, with just the three of us!
Lilianna & I started off the day by running a Turkey Trot that our Stake, plus two others, put on. Taylor stayed home & cooked the turkey for dinner. I know Idaho was 20x colder then Vegas could ever be, but that morning was COLD!! I just about chickened out of running, but decided I've gotta run if I'm going to pig out later!
Lilianna & I ran the race & it was just a tad bit off of being a 5k.....it was more like a 6k+! But it was a good time & I ran with some great people.
Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful & I'll be honest I doubted our (Taylor's) cooking skills! I didn't think we would be able to cook a turkey & actually have it taste great but we did! It was a fantastic day of eating, hanging & relaxing something we both needed. Much to be grateful for!
Our little helper!
Waiting patiently to eat Thanksgiving dinner. Such a poser!
Her all famous pose: closed eyes & a great big smile.

Lilianna & I did a little shopping on Black Friday. She wanted to get a picture by the gigantic Christmas tree. She wouldn't, however, go visit Santa Clause. Why, you ask?
Lilianna's response: "Santa scares me! He's a BIG boy!"


After we put up the Christmas tree
Lilianna tried on her new & fancy Christmas dress.


Our little helper opted out of decorating the tree & instead she decided that our Christmas stockings were meant to be worn. Why else would they call them stockings?



Christmas Crafts:
All weekend we did a new craft each day. Friday we decided to make homemade ornaments.


Gingerbread House: Here we made a gingerbread house as a family.
Lili helped through out each process. Her favorite part was rolling the dough.


Breathtaking isn't it?! You know that our gingerbread house is the MOST beautiful house you have ever witnessed! Go on just admit it.....the next morning we woke-up to a caved in roof... Better luck next year!


Letter To Santa:
No comments:
Post a Comment