Its over,
wahoo!! Two weekend
Lilianna & I drove up to
Pocatello so that I could run in the Running the Gap
Pocatello Marathon. Again, I'm only doing the 1/2 NEVER a full....I'm not that crazy, well not yet anyways!! But leading up to the race everything wrong that could possibly happen, happened. I almost debated not to even go, but I would have been so disappointed in myself for not even trying. All those months of training, injuries, more training & time; I had to see if my body was ready to handle it & shoot I run with my cell phone, if I can't make I'll call for a ride :)
Two days prior to departure, I had been having major pain going on on my ride side of my body. To be quite honest, I've had pain on-and-off for a year now & when I partake of certain foods or seem to be really stressed out, it flares up. The pain was quite bad that I made a Dr. appointment. So test after test was ran, for two days, and results were never given to me. I thought, "Well no news is good news" & I made the decision to race. I'm so glad I did! It turned out being a great time and I set another PR of 1:54:13; plus I took 6
th in my age group!! I was so excited!! I ran with some great people, all family members, and we all did really well. Way to go team & I hope we do it again next year!
Stef the best running partner :) Here we are at the beginning of the race freezing our buns off! Yeah 50 degrees is a tad bit cold for a girl from Las Vegas.
Gotta love this guy, every year stands on top of
the UPS truck to make announcements.

And we're off. Yes
Stef & I literally were the last to start since we waited FOREVER in the potty line!

Uncle Richard & Stefanie.

Tradition to get a goofy pic at the beginning of the race, while we're still feeling good :)

It was my Uncle Richard's 60
th Birthday that day so he was on cloud 9 & you could tell. He ran great and took 2
nd in his age group. Way to go
Unc!

I thought this picture was cool because the train was coming around the corner and my Uncle, who just retired from the Railroad, raised his hat up & the conductor honked the horn. It was awesome.

The Hill of Hell I've named it. At mile 7 this is what you face & it seriously hurts so bad...dang you hill, dang you!!!

My family cheering me on & love seeing them after the horrid hill! Just the boost I needed to finish the race.

My Uncle Mark & Richard. Yes I caught up to them, ha ha!

Last mile baby!

The finish
wahoo!!

I love this picture with all the girls. Congratulations Penny for taking the Women's portion of the full marathon race & for setting a new course record, seriously inspiring!

Playing at Ross park at the end of the race.

Now I think we are pretty darn funny, but other's seem to not agree.
Lilianna feel in the back yard & scraped up her knee, something she's not used to since we don't get outside much. Anyways, Nurse Tia had
bandaids & not just any
bandaids Mustache ones. So we had to take pictures & we did. I still laugh at these poses!

Creepy Hitler family picture .

Doing exercises with Papa.

Lilianna & her
bandaids :)

CPK!!!

On our drive up we picked up a friend, Mr.
Miyagi, also known as Mr.
Diyagi. He needed a ride up to Poky and we decided we had enough room for the little guy. Best dog ever!

On our way up, we stayed the night in St. George so we could visit with Alec & Baby Taylor. At 3 a.m. we had a nightly visitor, Mr Alec. It was so funny watching these two & listening to their late night conversation.
Alec: "Lili light."
Lili: "No Alec, that's not a light....its a fan!"
Alec: "Lili light!"
Lili:"Alec, I told you its a fan!"
Hahaha too funny!

We were also able to visit 2 out of the 3 little renegades. Sorry
Kaybrie next time!

We were also able to see the Eastman's & I'm so glad we did. The two little girls were very funny. Here they are being monkeys.

It totally looks like Bry kicked Lili in the face! But she didn't!

On our long ride back to Vegas. Anything to entertain herself.

No comments:
Post a Comment