Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Turkey Day

This year I decided to go home a week before Turkey day to get together with my GFs from high school. I was really torn on whether or not I should go, since I kind of signed Taylor & myself up for the Color Me Rad 5k, but I decided I needed to go home & I wanted to. I had a great time getting together with my old crew! It was like we picked up right we left off & those are the kind of friends I like! We experienced sushi, yes sushi in Pocatello (who would have thought) & it really was good, followed by pedicures (3rd time I've ever done that) & we finished off the night by attending the Poky Highland girls basketball game. Ladies I sure do love ya & really hope we see each other more often then every 5 plus years!

THEN




                                                      NOW (we were missing Holly)




After my fun filled weekend I woke-up Monday morning with the FLU!! BLAH!! I haven't been that sick is a long, long time. I was  flat on my back for 2 days. It was awful!! I was so worried that Lilianna & Ellis were going to get it too....sure enough Ellis came down with a mild ear infection & tonsillitis. Poor little man was miserable, as was I & as was Taylor (who caught my nasty flu bug & got it WAY worse then I did!).  Luckily Lilianna did not get sick, which I was so glad. Our Thanksgiving was sad. We couldn't eat very much & we all felt awful. I ended up loosing 7 lbs which was nice since I'm still loosing baby weight! 

All-in-all it was great seeing family & friends. I'm glad we got to spent the holidays with both families but lets just hope that next year no flu!
Bye-bye Las Vegas

Ellis' 1st trip on an airplane & he was AMAZING!! The worst part about flying was security, which is always the case when you fly, right?1 

We finally made it & every one was happy to see each other!

The only snow Lilianna got to experience while we were in Idaho. She had big plans, such as building a snowman, making a snow angle...yeah that didn't happen because it was surprisingly really warm.

Poky vs Highland Girls Basketball game. Brought back some great memories :)

Ellis' got to meet Benny the Bengal at the ISU football game. Lilianna was to scared to meet him so he gave her an autograph picture. 

ISU football game

My & my BFF from high school. Our little ladies got to meet each other & they were sure cute together. I think we need to make a trip out to Georgia so they can be reunited :)

We spent one afternoon with Nana at school. Lilianna got to eat school lunch, help give a math test & do an assignment. While we were there, she apparently left notes all over Nana's room & she continues to find them. 

We also got to ride along with Tia to Inkom & Lava while she made home visits. Lilianna thought it was pretty cool since we got to see snow, in the mountains, & horses.


Nana & the kiddos

So tired from all of our travels.

These two are good little friends.

Tia & her elf hat

At the Parade of Lights in Poky, cold but fun.



Our farewell brunch at Elmer's with Tia & James. They look good right?!

No comments: