Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mama called the Dr. & the Dr. said. . . .

Life is crazy busy for our little family down in lovely Las Vegas. Lili & I have made a trip up to St. George to see family & friends a few weeks ago. I am busy with the life of a coach. I am coaching two teams: a club volleyball team & assistant to the Varsity Girls Basketball team. Our basketball season is coming to an end (sad), but I was asked to help out with Middle School Girls Basketball. Busy busy! Taylor is keeping very busy at work, as well. Big things are in-store for him, which we'll discuss later. . . . . . .(I'm not allowed to say just yet!). And I was asked to sub all week long for a co-worker/coach. Busy lives!

Two weeks ago Lili & I were on the sick list. Friday morning, MLK weekend, Lili work up with a weird rash all over her tiny little body. I called the Dr. & we took her right in to see what was going on. The Dr. said the rash was viral & that it should clear up in a few days, & it did thank goodness! That same Friday night, I had volleyball practice. I have this girl who has a wicked l serve, as well as a powerful spike. She served the ball, during a serving drill, & I caught it just right. . .well actually I didn't catch it, but my finger sure felt it! I swear my finger was broken! The pain!!!! The instant swelling & bruising. . .it was ugly! So, Saturday morning I went in to the Dr. for x-rays. It was a 3rd degree sprain. . .I should have just broken it! Still, to this day, it is deformed & tender.

Three days later, Lili developed this horrible cough. It was so bad that she would wake-up in the night just crying. It was horrible to listen too :(. . . . .I called the Dr. back-up, got her in, & low & behold it was croup!! The poor little thing! Lili was given some drugs & it cleared up with in a few days. So, three trips to the Dr. with in a week. . . .isn't that how it always is?! Life is going great, running smoothly, you're feeling comfortable, then BAM!! It hits & all at once! But situations like these make me so grateful for health & for modern medicine. For even just the silliest of things, like a sprained finger, I'm grateful for Dr & drugs!
Here are some pics from our recent adventures in St. George, Poky, & around here.
Lili making Valentine cards
Her many talents that her father has taught her.
Who knows?!
Lili & MJ's play date. . . future couple?!
Tyson & Shantai the next generation. . .
Lili & Baby Taylor going for a walk.
Lili & Alec playing
Run Forest Run! Lili while she had her rash & we let her run free. . . .yes, she did pee on the carpet!
Lili & Daven over the Holidays. He was singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" & putting her to sleep. . .cute!
Lili & I were in Poky for New Year's. What did we do?! Watch TV & was in bed by 10pm. . .sad!


No comments: