Wednesday, September 1, 2010

TOU 1/2

This past weekend Lili & I flew home to visit family & to run a race in Logan, UT. Let me tell you, I had a blast!! Got to spend the weekend with great friends & experience my 1st 1/2 Marathon. We were all mostly newbies to the racing world & I think we picked an awesome location for our 1st race. Top Of Utah is in Logan/Providence, UT & the race runs thru Blacksmith Fork Canyon. It was gorgeous!! Yes I was a silly fool who ran with her camera so that I could take shots of the scenery. I know people thought I was crazy, but I wanted to capture this moment ;)

Below is a mix of my sweet pictures & some from the race photographers:

Deborah crossing the finish line


Lorin, Remle's hub, strolling in like he didn't just run 13.1

This is why we are friends!! Gotta love Johnny :)
Remle sprinting to the end

How beautiful was this view?!

This is my new buddy. We ran the majority of the race together. I really meant to capture the mountains, but he snuck in!
Remle in action. Seriously such a cool run thru the canyon!
The start of the race. There were almost 2400 participants!

Getting off the oh so long bus ride up to the start.


2 comments:

Brakell and Will Hinsdale said...

How exciting! I'm so proud of you!!! The pictures are awesome

Mark and Katy said...

That is so awesome that you are running! It looked like you had a great day to run. So your Mom is Calvin's (Beth's son) teacher! WE must be getting really old!!