I love being Hawaiian. It gives me a sense of pride, an identity. Last weekend we were able to go to the Pure Aloha festival & eat authentic Hawaiian food, watch Halau (Hula group) perform, & see Keali'i Reichel live in concert. He is extrodinary! He seriously gives you chills when you listen to his music. He is a world renowned musician, Hula dancer, & Kumu (Halau teacher). I loved listening to him "talk story" about why he wrote certain songs & their meaning behind them. Lili really loved watching the Hula girls perform. She was dancing right along with them! Next year Lili will be old enough to start Hula lessons & I cannot wait!
At the festival was a carnival. Lili participated in a few of the events. She road a car ride for the first time & loved it!




Dancing with her friend. What can I say, future Hula dancer :)

Here is a taste of Keali'i Reichel
No comments:
Post a Comment