Thursday, October 13, 2011

Les Bois

Les Bois, well that's what we always called it during my soccer days, the land of many trees, a.k.a. Boise. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that great city and yes I would moved back to Idaho in a heart beat if the location would be Boise. Such a great vibe to that town, full of Bronco Pride :) We had a fabulous trip & I have no idea when we will EVER be back that way, but I'm so glad we FINALLY made our way. We saw many wonderful friends (some old, some new; some lost, some not so lost); we saw lots of family members and met a few new ones as well, lovely Miss Ava. And of course Lilianna had quite a time playing with lots of little friends her age: Cousins Ava, Jack, & Riley; Friends River & Ellianna. Nana & Papa came to visit, as well as Grandpa Hunter. And the main reason for why we went was to whiteness Mr. Jocko actually go through with it and marrying his lovely lady. He is Taylor's bestie from like age 5, whom he talks to more then me and plans to one day reunite on a their very own cul-de-sac :) Taylor was also the Best Man and had to be there.

We left Tues night after my volleyball game and traveled along the 93, in the pitch black where it was just us, the night sky, wildlife and semi-trucks. It was a weird and eerie feeling driving on the one-way in the absolute middle of no where! But quite nice at the same time. We left that night and came back Sunday.  Here are a few of our adventures in Boise:

Cousin Ava & Lilianna at Tucanos (YUMMY!!!). We had a great time & they even sang Happy Birthday to Lili.
Cousin Ava & Breana.
We were fortunate enough to see our good friends the Hoopes'. Lilianna & Ellianna are only a week apart, with a very similar name ;) I guess great minds & great friends think a like! These two were cute together!




Nana & Papa game to visit, as well as Grandpa Hunter. Lilianna loves seeing her Grandparents!

The rehearsal, which was a beautiful location on the Banbury Golf Course.
These guys....enough said!


While Taylor had Best Man duties to attend to, we ventured off to the Boise Zoo with Nana & Papa.






















The Wedding. I didn't take hardly any photos honestly I don't know why?! We had a beautiful setting, with a beautiful sun sets. Another perk to living in Idaho :)


Taylor about to give his Best Man Speech. Oh was he nervous! I had heard about this for months & how he dreaded doing it. Well he did great & it was funny, so well done Taylor!


Our last day in Boise, we visited cousins Jack & Riley. We had so much fun spending time with them & their family. Lilianna has only played with them a hand full of times, so it was great getting to spend the whole day with them. Cute kiddos & wished we lived closer!
 

 Cousins me & Anne.

 Here is Lilianna with her new friend River. So thanks to Facebook, yep that's right Facebook, I was reunited with a Jr. High bestie and was able to meet up with her while we were in town. We seriously hadn't seen each other in YEARS!! Her little man is a doll! These two were quite the pair :)





No comments: