Saturday, January 28, 2012

What's in a Name?

What is in a name?! Well a lot is in a name! As we were slumming in Babies R Us last night, we were discussing names. Dead serious Taylor tells me that he honestly loves the name Jeter. Jeter. JETER?! Um, no! I asked him why, "Because he is the greatest baseball player of all time." Well my friend, when this little man grows up, he will say, "Jeter who?!" I cannot believe that that is his reason for the name. Now Lilianna's name has meaning: Lilianna (Lili in Italian) Leilani (heavenly flower in Hawaiian & is also a family name). Meaning, true meaning. But no Jeter....My top choice is Ellis Taylor Hunter & yes I do realize that his initials would be E.T. so grow up people! Ellis because it again is a family name; and Ellis Burks was a MLB too..for the Red Sox ) Taylor (well, that should be obvious) Hunter. All last names, but also all first names. I think it's a strong name. A unique name. But no I was vetoed. So the score is now:

Taylor: 0  vs.  Shantai: 0


So folks, what is in a name?! A lot is in a name & heaven help us come to a compromise :)

4 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

I really am a fan of both names... But I do love your name choice the most! Hawks name is all last names that represent both sides of our families and I think that's special. But now I'm worried if we have another boy... What the heck are we going to name him!? Good luck, names are so stinking stressful!

Matt and Cori said...

Congrats on the baby boy! So excited for you and your cute little family. Boys are so much fun! I actually know a girl who just had a baby and named him Jetter. And to be honest, I had no idea who the guy was, but after learning they were huge Red Sox fans, I thought it was kind of cool. But, I also think Ellis is a super cute name and I want each of our kids names to have a meaning and have something to do with family, even if it's just a middle name after a family member. For boy names, I also like to have something that sounds strong and masculine and Matt likes something that will sound good as a professional basketball player someday ;) haha. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I love the name Ellis. Jeter is more of a nick name. Tell Taylor the mom gets 70% of the vote and the dad gets 30%.Good Luck, you'll need it. Those hunters are strong willed!

Matt and Cori said...

Oops..I mean Yankee's fan, not Red Sox ha