Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crazy Town

Life in our house has been crazy town! I was asked to substitute, full time, for 6 weeks at Adelson. I of course said yes & am so glad I did. Yes the days were long, like 12 hours long between subbing, basketball & volleyball, but it was well worth. And yes we were completely off our regular schedule, but we managed. It was a great opportunity for not only me, but for Miss Lilianna. My last week of substituting, Lilianna was given the opportunity to be a shadow student in one of the pre-school classes. I was so excited for her & I knew she'd have an amazing experience, and she did. She was so excited to go to her "new school" & meet new friends & have a new teacher. She did lots of neat art projects, played at recess, at lunch like the big kids, & even had nap time. When I went to pick her up, she told me how much fun she had & asked where her pink frog was. I looked at her puzzled, "What pink frog?" My pink frog I made. Well all night long she asked for her mysterious pink frog, whom I didn't even know if really existed. Low & behold he appeared on my desk the next morning.  The kids got to paint a ceramic animal pot. She picked a frog & the color pink, of course. They then planted wheat grass in it.  It is the cutest little thing & I'm so glad the famous pink frog made it home :)


No comments: