Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Big Dirty 30

I've been 30 for a whole week.  It's been interesting & maybe a little bit weird. I think in some ways its kind of put me in a funk because I'm no longer in my 20s...now I have to really act like a true adult because what's my excuse now?! Haha! Anyways I ended up having a pretty fabulous Birthday week. My mom & sister came down the week before to celebrate her birthday as well as mine. We had lots of fun shopping, eating, celebrating, eating, going to see Celine Dion & eating some more :)

Friday we went to Lilianna's dance class, followed by lunch at the Red Velvet Cafe (my favorite place to eat these days). We then did a little shopping at the Fashion Show Mall here on the Strip. That place is ginormous but it has every store you can think of especially Build-A-Bear & Forever 21 :). Later that night we went to birthday dinner at Zen of Japan. That places is the BEST sushi I have probably every experience!! We created our own special seafood salad & they ended up putting it on the menu. Yeah we felt pretty hip! After we gorged ourselves we came home to eat Cupcakery Cupcakes. Yummy!!!








 Saturday we did a little more shopping at Town Square. It was such a beautiful, warm day that everyone & their dog was there! So Lilianna didn't get to play much at the park there. Later that night the ladies went to Celine Dion. Can I just tell you how amazing her show was?! I was a fan of her back in the day; had her CDs, went & saw Titanic multiple times, repeated "My Heart Will Go On" 100 million times, but I had outgrown her I guess or forgot how much I adored her. Her show was fantastic!! So our seats were way up in the nose bleed section because those were the only ones left when my mom went to book them (apparently we're lucky to have even gotten tickets). Those of you who know me truly well know that I'm deathly afraid of heights, DEATHLY!!! When we got to our seats I was shaking, dizzy, just acting like a true wimp! Half way thru the 2nd song I needed to go to the bathroom really really badly so Tia & I walked out. While we were out there we ran into the manager. He asked us if we were having a good time & if we would like to change seats. I gave him my sob story about being afraid of heights & he escorted us down to the center stage, row 11!!! Holy cow AMAZING!!!!! We could actually see her beautiful face :) It was a fantastic night, one I'll NEVER forget!!! Made my 30th Birthday pretty awesome!


We went from this view.......

...to this view!!

The Ellis' haha!




My Heart Will Go On....




 On my actual day of birth we celebrated with Taylor's mom coming to town, dinner at Geisha House, followed by a bigger then life birthday cake. I had a great birthday week, which made me think that I should have celebrated ALL month long :)

                                                   

Taylor thought it would be funny to get me an over the hill cake...funny guy that one!
                                     





 
                                                       
Here's to joining the 30s club!!



No comments: