Thursday, July 18, 2013

Adventures in Idaho (Warning Major Picture OVERLOAD!!!)

My folks came down to help celebrate Ellis' 1st Birthday & offered to take Lilianna home with them for a week. She loved the idea & I decided to fly to Idaho with Ellis so that when Taylor drove up, he wouldn't have to drive that long drive with the little man screaming in the back seat.  I had planned a girls weekend here in Vegas with some close friends & was hitching a ride with them since Taylor really wanted to be in Idaho for the 4th of July. 

On our way to the airport we saw these beauties. I'm a little obsessed with Hot Air balloons right now so I was excited to see them up close & personal. 


Ellis & Mama on the airplane. He did awesome!! He loved looking out the window & he loved the lady sitting next to us. About 1/2 way through the flight he fell asleep. Seriously the smoothest plane ride ever!

Flying over our house :)

Hello Idaho!! We flew the back way over Lava. It was such a pretty site to see & it sure made me miss that place. Here is Poky.

Landing in IF. I can't believe how green it still is.

When we got in to Idaho Falls, we were greeted by Nana, Tia & Lilianna. We decided to head to the I.F. Zoo. That place is great! I forgot how awesome of a zoo it is, especially compared to the Vegas Zoo.


Feeding the ducks...well sort of. They more in the mood for naps.

We rented a wagon & all Ellis wanted to do was push it, not sit in it!



Riding the Tiger




Petting Zoo





Tia Found her flock!! Haha!!


While we were in Idaho, the kids played outside everyday all day. I really miss that & wish that we had a yard to run around in. In due time, but until then it really makes visiting family even more exciting for them since they can play outside.
Just doing a little yard work.


Lilianna helping Nana water her flowers.

Papa's garden looks really great.

swing, swing, swing

This NEVER happens: Ellis cuddling with Tia :)

Watching for Kiki the cat.


Swimming 
While we were home, my friend took the kids pictures, Vanilla Tree Photography. I honestly didn't think we'd get any good pictures because everything was against us! Lilianna got a nap, but Ellis fell asleep on the way there. A storm came in: wind, thunder, lightening & rain. It was crazy! But hey she did great work because she was able to get these two pictures, plus some other that I will share on another post.
I love how this turned out!! Lilianna picked out her whole outfit. My little model :)

I'm amazed we got any of him smiling!
We went to a lot of parks & our favorite was Brooklyn's Playground. This place was absolutely amazing! If you haven't heard of them, it is a playground built to allow every child the chance to play. Young, old, & it caters to those with disabilities. It was a great experience for my kids, but man we happened to go on the hottest day of the year!



Ross Park, my old stomping grounds. That park has by far the greatest swings in town! The kids loved it there & they loved how open it was with grass, trees, rocks, & caves. Yes we hit up Dead Man's Cave :)






The 4th of July
In my family, the 4th of July is a holiday we don't really enjoy celebrating. I absolutely love the meaning behind it, but this was the day that my Papa Max passed away. So it is always kind of a somber day. But honestly that is the only way my Papa would leave this world, was with a Bang! 

Another reason I don't really care for it is because while growing up that was the day that my family & I worked at the fairgrounds selling shaved ice & cotton candy. Yes back in the day my little Hawaiian family ran The Hawaiian Shaved Ice shack. We were the 1st of its kind in Poky (look at my dad such an entrepreneur.) So for 11 summers we worked every celebration, all the baseball parks, parades, you name it we were there. That particular event we were there with my dad from sun up, till sun down. What am I trying to say? Well my memories of this holiday aren't the greatest to say the least, but I am grateful for living in this country & for being able to celebrate it.
Twinning at "Flag Practice"

Sparklers

At the Idaho Falls Parade.


Cousins

Goofy cousins

Swimming at Grandma & Grandpa's

No my child does not wear a speedo, but he does wear reusable diapers that resemble a speedo. Honestly I was too lazy to put those on plus his swim trunks. Either way he's a cute little man!








Cheers to the 4th of July & to listening to some Neil Diamond!


Goofballs, yes we are but at least we look good doing it!
Happy 4th of July!!

No comments: