Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Batgirl!


Lilianna Leilani turned 5! I cannot believe that she is finally a 5 year-old. I think it is safe to say that she had a fabulous Birthday week. Every day we did something with her from taking her to McDonald's for lunch to opening a present, to having family come visit. Thanks to EVERYONE who helped make her 5th Birthday the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!
Here are our top favorite shots from her 5 Year Old Photo shoot. I'm in love with the results!

Look at my Brown-eyed beauty!
Superhero Birthday Party
I had a great time planning this little party. I don't know who was more excited me or Lilianna?! I found a party printable package Etsy here. I really liked the colors, it included a party invitation, plus party decorations. I got a lot of the party ideas from this adorable Super Girl party. We played "Pin The Mask on The Supper Hero," which I created by putting together a giant size picture of Lilianna plus a Batgirl body. I found a mask template here & cut them out on sticky felt. 

For the  "I Spy the Super Hero Guy" game we hid six Super Hero figures, that we bought at the Dollar Store, at our community play ground. The kids had fun trying to find all the Super Hero Guys.
We also played "Super Hero Bingo,"and the biggest hit was the Vintage Superhero Printable Poster giant wall coloring sheet that I got from Anders Ruff. The poster was my biggest splurge but so worth it! The kids had a blast doing it & I will definitely will do it again for future parties. 

We also decorated personalized capes, that I made, as well as masks. I copied the decal that was on the Vintage Superhero Printable Poster & drew the other kids first initial. They turned out really cute!

Our cute girl that babysits Lilianna & Ellis made the cupcakes for the party & she did a fabulous job! She works at The Cupcakery, which we buy for all our Birthday celebrations, & they make a delicious cupcake! We also had a popcorn bar, which seems to be tradition for us. Nana & papa brought down four special flavors that they bought from Poky Popcorn Shop. We had S'mores, Tutti Frutti, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Marshmallow, & Kettle Corn. I also made Super Hero Pops which I found here.
I think the kids had a blast, I know I sure did! We had just enough stuff to pass the time which is what you need especially with two little boys! Happy 5th Birthday Batgirl!!

Papa & Ellis aka Batman

Nana & Batgirl


Birthday Week
Lilianna has decided that it is tradition for her to have a princess cake each birthday. Last year it was Snow White, the year before that is was The Little Mermaid, so this year she chose Cinderella. I tried to persuade her to have a different cake, but nope once that girl's mind is made-up she sticks with her decision. 
Lilianna was a princess all day. We got her a Snow White outfit for her birthday that she wore all day long!
Ellis gave her Doc McStuffins costume for her birthday that she wore the next day to her Preschool Careers Day.

Opening Presents
Grandma & Grandpa Hunter came down for a few days to celebrate.

She came home from Preschool with some new accessories :) 
Ellis wearing Lilianna's new TOMS
















No comments: