Sunday, May 11, 2014

Baseball Butts Drive Me Nuts!!!

Baseball butts! Hello Derek Jeter :) Such a classy guy. I got sad watching him play knowing that that will be the last time I ever see him play in person. I've had the opportunity to see him play twice at Fenway against my Sox. #Farewellcaptain 
Now before I start this post I want all of you to know that I am still a die hard Red Sox fan. That being said, I had a fantastic time at the Yankee Angels game seeing some of my favorite players Derek Jeter, as well as Jacoby Ellsbury. I cheered for them, not the Yankees. I am a fan of those two players, but not the team. Besides I still have bitter feelings about Jacoby going there! My heart hurt seeing him in pinstripes......But there is nothing like watching baseball live & in person! After going to those two games, my love for the game grew that much more. I cannot wait to get back there or perhaps even Fenway next year (fingers crossed)! 



We left for Cali a week ago yesterday. I had a volleyball tournament Saturday & we couldn't leave until it was over. We didn't get out of Vegas until 3pm. Once we got into Anaheim we arrived at our hotel.....yeah we got dooped. It looked nothing like the pictures on the Internet. It was sketch ville! I walked in with questionable people, so some interesting folks roaming the complex, & smelled questionable things if you know that I mean. We got into our hotel, stayed for maybe 20 mins  checked out. Yeah never again! It was dark, dingy, dirty & quite frankly just unsafe for my kids. We found a much better hotel that was right across the street from Disneyland & 2 miles away from Angel Stadium. We got to see the fireworks from Disney! It was so much better! 


We packed as many things in as possible on our short little trip. Sunday was beach day all day. We headed down south to San Clemente. I read that it was a great beach for families & kids. They had a playground on the beach, a train that, a pier, walking paths & a cute little boardwalk with tons of shops.  Later that night we went to the Los Angeles Temple/Visitor Center to see Taylor's uncle & aunt who are there on a mission. That place is quite spectacular & very spacious! I guess it is the 2nd largest visitor center in the LDS church.






He wasn't  too sure of the sea & sand :)








Monday we first met up with Taylor's old mission buddy for lunch at CPK (Cali Pizza Kitchen) and then we hit Newport Beach. Ellis enjoyed the sand & sea a lot more the 2nd time around. We had the whole beach to ourselves which was awesome! We even got to see 4 dolphins playing in the surf. We collected many treasures from the sea, saw a "pirate ship," & built sandcastles.  When we got back to the hotel Lilianna & I noticed that the bottom of our feet were black. We couldn't figure out what it was! It smelled like tar & wouldn't scrub off either. Turns out it was from the frequent oil spilling into the ocean....that really disturbed me. What if I or the kids had digested that? What about the wildlife? Very disturbing to me & actually very sad. I hope they do more to prevent this problem.

Burying Lilianna in the sand.

Lilianna posing with her new shades. Styling little lady! 

Newport Harbor

Oh how I would love to live in a beach house!




Exploring for treasures




Monday night was game time! We had a blast & I think the kids did too. We sat in the Club House level which was the way to go. We had our own personal server who brought us actually good food. The Angel hot dogs are no way near as good as a Fenway Frank! Every time Jeter got up to hit, he had a standing ovation. It was such a cool site to see & a great way to honor the captain during his final season.

Tuesday we headed to Downtown Disney. We went to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch. I haven't been there since I was a kid! Then we promised Miss Lili a trip to the Disney Store :)









Our final night of baseball we went to the stadium early so we could catch batting practice. I was a bit disappointed that they wouldn't allow you behind home plate unless you had a ticket for that area. In Fenway you have free reign to go where you want. That was how we got autographs back in the day! We did get to see some of the players a little up close & personal. We also got to meet up with Taylor's BFF's dad. It was fun seeing him! We had a great trip & I cannot wait until we get back!














No comments: