Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Halloween

For Halloween I kept on asking Lilianna what she wanted to be & her answer was, "Perry the Platypus." So I was on a mission to make a Perry costume, since you cannot find them ANYWHERE! I searched the internet for ideas & I came up short, so I decided to tweek a couple patterns & this was the result:Not too shabby for an inexperienced sewer. Since Lilianna was going to be Perry, someone had to be Phineas & Ferb! Tia & I decided we would. Again, no patterns, no store bought costumes could be found. Instead an Original S. Hunter (that's me in case you were wondering jk) pattern was created.
It was a lot of work, but results turned out great & Tia & I had a little TOO much fun being the COOLEST cartoon characters! By the way we were a hit with all the little kids, the parents not so much; they didn't have a clue as to who we were!

"Hey, where's Perry?"
We decided to hit up the Trunk or Treat. Thriller was playing so of course we had to dance! From there, we went to the mall....such a horrible idea, You stand in a long line for a tootsie roll...sweet...note to self, don't do that next year!



Sunday night, Ferb, a.k.a. Tia, decided that she needed to double up on the costume. So here is Ferb as a Hot Dog! We went to Caring Hearts which is an assisted living home where not only Tia works there, but our Grandma Vora lived. The little ladies thought we were crazy, but they were so happy to have some guests.

Gotta love Halloween. An excuse to dress-up & be as foolish as you want, while eating a lot of SUGAR! I love Halloween!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh I LOVE it! You so need to share your expertice on how to do phineas, ferb, and perry. It's a huge hit around here too.

Brakell and Will Hinsdale said...

seriously love the costumes! You guys are the best! It was so god seeing you yesterday!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

That's one of the coolest costumes ever!! She is so cute! Love that show!!