Saturday, March 26, 2011

Any Excuse to Wear Green

St. Patty's Day is probably my favorite holiday. While growing up not only was my favorite color green, but my birthday is 10 days before March 17th which meant a green birthday package from Nana. I would get so excited because she always sent me a new green outfit to wear, which included green socks, hair things, shirt & pants!! It was awesome! Another reason for the love of green was that I have Irish roots on my Ellis side (more detail in a another post). This meant my father would cook his yearly meal of Corn Beef & Cabbage & man was it good!

This year Lilianna & I dug out our green shirts, created our version of corn beef & cabbage, & celebrated by playing with cousins Taylor & Alec. We also made Leprechaun Munch, Pot o' Gold Snack Mix yummy! We were crazy & made our way down to the strip to take the kids to the M&M Factory.....overrated is all I can say...so not worth the hassle & Lilianna didn't even care! Besides wrong day to head that way with all the crazy people out there oh man!

My Little Leprechaun
The Twins

Baby Taylor, Alec & Lilianna at M&M Factory

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

No comments: