Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm in LOVE!!!

I have been training, well trying to train, for my next race which is in one month!! A few friends & I are doing the Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon & lets just say my training has taken a turn for the worse.

Ever since I started watching this baby girl my only options to go running is early, early, early in the a.m. or late in the p.m. Both of which would consist of me running in the dark, by myself, which honestly I do not feel comfortable with. I cannot run on a treadmill or elliptical because of my shin condition, which who would want to when you can run outside?! Not me!! So I've converted into a weekend runner, which means running Friday-Sunday. Its hard & I hate it. I need my weekly runs not only for physical reasons, but mental reasons as well.

My aunt I were discussing how running is her way of meditation, her way to reconnect with herself. I tend to agree & lately my Sunday runs have been my favorite just for the fact I'm up early, everything outside is still & peaceful, and I find myself also in a meditation state. Its awesome, but like I said I need my weekly runs!

So last night I made a purchase, a huge purchase, one of which I have been saving up for & I am so excited!!! I finally got a B.O.B. & I love it! Now I can RUN when ever I want, with both kids!! I was so excited today & really wanted to test it out, that I called up my neighbor to see if I could barrow her daughter ( I can't take one kid out in a double stroller. That's just silly!). Both girls loved it! Money well spent.

My little work out buddy pumping some iron with Mama & Jillian Michaels :)


Our new favorite toy!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good birthay! Love the new jogger! Miss you guys!