Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Let the Countdown BEGIN!!!


10 days, 10 DAYS until Hawaii!!! Oh I'm so, so, so excited you have know idea. I haven't been to Hawaii in 3 years & the last time I went I was sicker then a dog, knocked up & unpleasant. But this time will be AWESOME! Lilianna has never been, nor has she ever experienced the beach & the ocean. I'm excited to watch her expressions on her face as her feet touch the sand for the first time & as she witnesses a wave. It was be so exciting!

Now the true reason for the trip, is that of the wish of dear Nana Dorothy who passed away last summer. It was her dying wish to have her ashes spread in the Islands, and since we never had a memorial service for her this will be it.

Last weekend we, as a family, reminisced about her & her corky ways of life. We remembered her funny sayings, & her Bostonian accent, but also the love she had for our heritage & culture. We decided on a few Hulas, as well as songs that will shared at our tiny little service the 6 of us will have. I hope we do her proud!
Aloha!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

So jealous! Have tons of fun. I am hoping to go back on my 10 year with my hubby, but that's 2 years away! Auh the Hawaii...good memories!