Last Saturday was such a busy, busy day! I had my final volleyball tournament & we went undefeated, 6-0!! It was such a great way to end our season! That night was our ward Luau, which is always a fun even to go to. I signed up to brink Guava Cake, but I was craving my mama's Haupia Delight (coconut pudding with a macadamia nut crust) so I decided to make it as well. Oh it was so good! Time consuming to make, but OH SO WORTH IT!!!
Here is my Mama's Haupia Delight Recipe, hopefully she doesn't mind that I share it :)
Here is the Guava Cake Recipe, super super simple! I always tweak baking recipes just a bit to add a little more health to it, such as applesauce.
Here is my Mama's Haupia Delight Recipe, hopefully she doesn't mind that I share it :)
Crust:
1 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Filling:
2 cans coconut milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
Mix on side:
7 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
Topping:
1 container of cool whip
chopped macadamia nuts ( if desired)
Mix all crust ingredients and press into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow 30-40 minutes to cool. Bring all filling ingredients to a boil on medium heat, constantly stirring. When boiling starts, lower heat, add the cornstarch and water mixture you've prepared on the side into the filling mixture but continue to stir until very thick (about 20 minutes). Remove from heat when thickened and stir for a while until it cools down a little. Pour mixture on top of cookie crust and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, spread cool whip over the haupia and garnish with chopped macadamia nuts. Keep refrigerated.
Enjoy & ALOHA!!
Enjoy & ALOHA!!
| Lilianna at the Luau playing with the Picture Props :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment