Our poor poor little boy got really really sick a few weeks ago. It started 4th of July weekend. We went swimming the day before the 4th because Taylor got off work early. The next day he woke-up with the runs (gross I know & believe me the story gets worse!). Fast forward 5 days, same thing going on, but now he had a fever. I knew something was up when he was eating breakfast, he put his head down in. I called the Dr & the Dr said: no more swimming for a while.
For two days Ellis & I had to lay low. I had to get stool samples so that the lab could test to see what was going on. The Dr. & I thought he had Crypto Virus (Cryptosporidium) which is basically drinking contaminated recreation water (kids go to the bathroom in the pool, you digest it, you get REALLY sick). Back during my Health Department days in St. George, there was a huge outbreak of this lovely little virus. It was bad! I remember a couple gets became so sick & dehydrated that they were hospitalized. The City of St. Geroge later made a rule that all kids under the age of 3 had to wear a swim diaper. That seemed to clear up the problem. However for us, our pool hasn't been cleaned very well at all this summer. It's awful! My kids & I live at the pool during the summer because that is our only option! Since Ellis, we haven't been since. I guess you can say I'm a little gun shy to get back in. It's safe to say he's doing much better after a week & 1/2 of the poohs :) Thank goodness!!
 |
| On our way to the doctor. You knew he didn't feel well :( |
 |
| A few days later he was back to his happy self!! |
 |
| So very glad our little man is feeling better!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment