Lilianna & I traveled to Idaho with Nana & Papa. The reason why was 1.) I have 2 weeks of Spring Break thanks to some wonderful Jewish Holidays, such as Passover & 2.) To throw my sister a Bridal Shower Harry Potter Style. The Dr. told me I couldn't travel after May, so it was now or never. Yes I did say Harry Potter Bridal Shower. Now if you know Tia this is totally her & I tell you it was quite fun planning for it! The turn out was fabulous & the food was AMAZING! We had most of it catered by The Wave Break, a lovely little shop in Blackfoot, Idaho. Some of the decorations came from my amazing Aunit Sue who works at Tai Pan. Let me tell you, she hooked-us-up with some awesome stuff: brooms, birds, etc. I also discovered decoration ideas from Pinterest (if you don't have a Pinterest you need one! This helped me out a ton while planning the shower).
Here are some pictures curtsy of my cousin's blog Rue You, a talented photographer in Poky :)
This lovely girl was by far the best dressed! She dressed as Prof. Minerva Mogonagal & her outfit was legit!
My mama & her crew of friends. They all started teaching around the same time & at the same school. All I can say is this is a table full of trouble!
The Photo Booth. Can I just say this was almost the death of me. The props, no big deal. They actually turned out really cool & I found them here, plus I made some more that were Harry appropriate like his glasses. Lilianna really enjoy it! The booth itself was difficult....I made 2 & this was the final product...
Honeydukes. All I can say is YUM! This was the best part of the party! Sweets galore!!!
I got the food labels from here, which helped inspire our menu. Our Menu consisted of:
Main Dish
Felix Felicis Spinach Dip
Honeydukes
Moon Stone Cookies (Chocolate Chip Cookies)
Snitch Truffles (Cake pops)
Chocolate Frogs
Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans (Jelly Beans)
Treacle Tarts (Fruit Tarts)
Cauldron Cakes (Brownie Bites)
Ollivanders Original Wands (Candy Sticks)
The Dark Lords Favorists Popcorn Popped by Wormtail (Huckleberry Cheesecake Popcorn from The Popcorn Shop in Poky)
Acid Pops (Suckers)
Drinks
Butter Beer (Cream Soda)
Elixir of Life (Lemon Water)
Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans
Gift Table
The Entry Way included the sorting hat which we had people draw to see which house they belonged to. Once they drew their card, we had them write their name & address on the back so that we could remember who came, where they lived, so that the lovely Bride could send them a thank you note.
Food table for the Main Dishes.
Here are some pictures curtsy of my cousin's blog Rue You, a talented photographer in Poky :)
These are my lovely photos :) Not as good as my talented cousin!
My little wizard
My mama made these awesome aprons. I found the tutorial here & my mama tweaked them just a bit. They turned out AWESOME!! So here are the 4 Hogwarts Girls :)
This lovely girl was by far the best dressed! She dressed as Prof. Minerva Mogonagal & her outfit was legit!
My mama & her crew of friends. They all started teaching around the same time & at the same school. All I can say is this is a table full of trouble!
The Photo Booth. Can I just say this was almost the death of me. The props, no big deal. They actually turned out really cool & I found them here, plus I made some more that were Harry appropriate like his glasses. Lilianna really enjoy it! The booth itself was difficult....I made 2 & this was the final product...
Honeydukes. All I can say is YUM! This was the best part of the party! Sweets galore!!!
I got the food labels from here, which helped inspire our menu. Our Menu consisted of:
Main Dish
Felix Felicis Spinach Dip
Herbology Bits (Veggie Tray)
Hog Head Cornish Balls (Sweet & Sour Meat Balls)
Weasley's Wizard Wheels (Tortilla Roll Ups)
Hogwarts Hogies (Mini Sandwiches)
Muggle Munchies (Chips & Dip)
Honeydukes
Moon Stone Cookies (Chocolate Chip Cookies)
Snitch Truffles (Cake pops)
Chocolate Frogs
Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans (Jelly Beans)
Treacle Tarts (Fruit Tarts)
Cauldron Cakes (Brownie Bites)
Ollivanders Original Wands (Candy Sticks)
The Dark Lords Favorists Popcorn Popped by Wormtail (Huckleberry Cheesecake Popcorn from The Popcorn Shop in Poky)
Acid Pops (Suckers)
Drinks
Butter Beer (Cream Soda)
Elixir of Life (Lemon Water)
These little bottles were our potion bottles. I got the labels from here & the idea from this Etsy shop. Who knew they actually sold these things?! But just the right touch :)
Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans
Our decorations consisted of the School House banners, ravens, potions & candles.
Gift Table
The Entry Way included the sorting hat which we had people draw to see which house they belonged to. Once they drew their card, we had them write their name & address on the back so that we could remember who came, where they lived, so that the lovely Bride could send them a thank you note.
Food table for the Main Dishes.
This party really was a lot of fun & a lot of work, but anything for my Sister :) I really hope she enjoyed it, as well as her guest & I'm really excited for her up coming wedding! It will be spectacular ;)











3 comments:
Shantai!!!! Tia's shower looks AMAZING! You did such an awesome job! Holy cow! So detailed! :)
Cindy
Loved it! Wish I could have stayed longer!!!!
Sheesh that is a lot of work! I've been wondering what you were going to do with all those Harry Potter posts on pinterest. It turned out great! And the one picture I caught you in, well, you are looking great too prego lady!
Post a Comment