Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Little DIY

Before Taylor had surgery I wanted to get a few things done around the house. I had bought a can of paint like a month pier & was dying to get it on the walls: downstairs & in the 1/2 bath. The paint color is Behr Chocolate Froth & I really, really love it! I love it so much that I about want to repaint my whole house in it! But that's for a whole other day in the far, far off future. I also tried to fix up the oopsie that Taylor did on our downstairs stairs.....yeah that's a really long story & I'm so embarrassed that we lived with it looking ghetto for the longest time....I did what I could with the mess he had made of it. We original were going to re tile everything down stairs but thanks to a whole pile of medical bills that is put off for a while. So I got creative & used paint, which was the most affordable option at the moment. For now it works & it looks a MILLION TIMES BETTER THEN BEFORE. Honestly I don't know why I didn't think of that before?! But I have had my hands full :) I really am in love with the end results!



The Behr Chocolate Froth is very close to our nasty flat paint (The Behr color is not nasty but our current flat paint is & flat paint is just a bad idea especially with kids!), which surprised me, but honestly ANYTHING is better then flat paint!

The stairs is the same color as our banister, Behr Espresso Beans, and the white paint was a sweet find at Walmart Dutch Boy & I only spend $5. The stairs took a good 3 coats of white primer, then 2 coats of the white paint, followed by 2 coats of the Behr Espresso Beans. The end result looks so much better & for now it will do until we can fix it for real.

 The 1/2 Bath actually didn't take as long as I thought it would. It took a weekend including dry time, which wasn't too shabby. I only did one wall of stripes & I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!



 AFTER




Living Room/Dining Room: I've added some new & different decor. I used a lot of what I already had & just did a little rearranging. It's always refreshing to spruce things up around the house, as well as rearrange the furniture. It makes it feel like you're living in a whole new house!



The banner I printed out here. You were given two options: Home & Love. I used both & I really like the little add that they bring.








Master Bathroom has been a work in progress for the last year. I finally finished my Branch Chandelier (the ideas came from here & here), & I really am in love with it! It hangs over the bath tub & just makes for a "romantic" setting...ha ha just kidding but it makes it feel Earthy/Beachy/Cottage which is totally my style :)













Happy Decorating!!

No comments: