Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Festivities 2013

  Christmas Eve
On Christmas Eve day we were those idiots out at the mall. Taylor had some last minute shopping to do  & so we went as a family to the Meadows Mall. We couldn't find parking! It was that ridiculous! And the line to see Santa Clause we out the door (not that we were going to do that). Taylor got his last minute gift & we were quickly out of there. NEVER AGAIN!!! Luckily I had been done for weeks, for a 1st, & so I was there for the ride. 

From there we went to pick up our meat that had been cooked in our friends Imu (Hawaiian for pit) over night. It turned out amazing!! We put in a turkey plus some pig butt (sorry that what I call it!). The pig tasted like it came from a Luau off of the islands! Yummy! One day when we have a yard, I really may consider building an Imu :) After dinner we went to our friends house for some fun & the kids put on the Nativity scene.
The back of our card. I had to re-order our cards since they were not what I thought I ordered…I will not order from that website again (it wasn't Shutterfly). Luckily, I had enough credit with Shutterfly that I ordered new ones from there. I will never again order from a different website…..

Our Christmas cards this year. 

Lilianna made this gingerbread house at preschool.

We decorated gingerbread men for Santa.



This is Taylor preparing our cooked meat. It was amazing!!!



It is a Christmas Eve tradition to open one present. They are usually new pjs :) This year they got to open two presents, since Ellis took it upon himself to do so.









Lilianna really wanted us to open her present that she made us. It turned out so cute!



Their 2nd present was an ornament that came from Disneyland.




Ellis in his new Pjs.


Lilianna in her new pjs. I could not get them to sit together.











Lilianna took this picture. She did pretty good!



Putting out the reindeer food.








Santa's cookies.





Christmas Day
Christmas 2013 was the best yet & I think everyone agreed :) Ellis was old enough to understand & he had a blast opening presents.  Lilianna was cute to watch as well. We were very spoiled this year! After we opened presents we went to our friends house for Christmas brunch.  We are very fortunate to have good friends like them & we've been going there every Christmas morning for the past few years. Later we came back & played with our new toys & just hung out. It was great!





















 











Lilianna's ornament from Disneyland thanks to Nana & Papa.

I made the family a photo book from Shutterfly of our pictures from Disneyland & the poem I wrote. The kids really have enjoyed it & it has become our new favorite bedtime story.
I think it is safe to say we were very spoiled & had a fabulous Christmas celebrating with just our little family. Thank you to all of our friends & family who helped make our Christmas special! 



 Day After Christmas
The day after Christmas we decided to put our new toys to use. It was a beautiful day so I took the kids for a run, while wearing my sweet new running tights (thanks Taylor!) & later we went to the park. We wanted to play a little soccer, take our new wagon out for a stroll & just take advantage of the weather. This is why we live in Las Vegas: Christmas in 60 degrees :)

Lilianna showing offer her soccer skills makes me so proud :)

Ellis could keep up with Lilianna. 

The next day we went to Town Square to use our gift cards that we got from Auntie Tia & Uncle James. A trip to Town Square could not be complete without a ride on the train. I recorded it, but unfortunately my phone will too full……so this was the only picture I got :)

Lilianna had a blast shopping at H&M that she put on a little fashion show before church. Thanks Auntie Tia & Uncle James for our new clothes!

My dapper little dude modeling his new outfit from H&M
 New Year's Eve
We, again, were foolish & decided to go down to the Fashion Show mall to exchange some gifts. We couldn't find parking, go figure….We only went to the stores we needed to go to, had lunch at Red Velvet Cafe (Lilianna's request), & then headed home. We later celebrated the evening with sparkling cider, Red Velvet cake, Monster's University & poppers. One of the poppers backfired & exploded in Lilianna's hand! Poor girl :(

The next day we went and saw the movie, "Frozen," for the 2nd time. It was that much better because we new ALL of the songs & looked for secret characters that are in the movie, like Rapunzel & Flynn Rider :)

Happy New Year's!!! 




No comments: