Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Huladays!

I found this picture in a magazine the other day & I felt that it was just perfect for me! I believe it was a Tommy Bahama's ad & I just couldn't pass up using the picture to describe the holidays, especially since it adds some Hawaiian style to it! So Happy Huladays y'all!! 

We gave into Ms. Lilianna & let her buy an Elf on the Shelf. She used the last of her Disneyland money that she had saved up & purchased Snowflake Leilani Hunter. Can I just tell you how horrible I was about moving the dang Elf?! I would forget & she would stay in the same place for a least a couple days….worst. mom. ever. Hopefully next year I can get my act together & be a little more prepared!
When I did have my act together, I was able to have Snowflake doing some funny things like playing with their toys, having a tea party with the ladies, & riding in a tea cup sleigh.













I was asked to help decorate our Ward Christmas Breakfast. The theme was "Joy to the World," which I really liked a lot, & the decorations consisted of maps. I was able to find time to make a couple map canvases, two map wreaths, & a few map banners. Thanks to my mom for giving me the left over map paper from Tia's wedding I put it ALL to use! The party turned out lovely, simple & elegant which is perfect & I was glad I was able to help!
This was my inspiration for my map wreaths. Those babies were very time consuming. I had to trace the levees, cut them out, & then hot glue them to the foam….lets just say many fingers were burned & naughty words came out of my mouth during the process but the end result was worth it!


These were my final wreaths.











Ellis disappeared during the Christmas party & this is where I found him: in the Relief Society Room playing the piano. I may see a future talent in him :)
I did a little photo shoot with the kids in their Christmas outfits. The results are on this post:



Lilianna then used the little Christmas Tree as her own & decorated it was her jewelry: bracelets, necklaces, & rings. Such a funny little girl with a very big imagination! Her preschool teacher had given her a little box of ornaments, but she insisted on using her own little treasures. 

Ellis turned 18 months in December & got his final round of shots, well until he turns two. This was him on the way home from the Dr. He fell asleep with a sucker in his hair……Post: 18 Months



Lilianna's Preschool had a little Christmas program/party. Lilianna was being an absolute bum & refused to participate…..She got a new little outfit to wear & her dad even took time off to come watch her & nope nothing. She had a line she was suppose to read, as well as sing some songs with her classmates. I was a bit disappointed because she knows better but apparently her feelings were hurt earlier at the party & she just shut down after that :(
One day, we had some time to kill between places we were suppose to be at, that we decided to take a little drive up to Red Rock Canyon. When we first moved to Vegas, we lived 15 minutes away from this beautiful canyon & I really do miss that. Now it's a good 45 min drive from our house so we do not get there very often. Well in-between meetings, I took the kids up there for a drive. I forgot how beautiful it is up there & decided to get an annual pass. Lilianna loved it & thought it was so pretty (she even took the pictures below), Ellis fell asleep while we were up there :) We are really excited to use our pass & do some hiking up there this new year!








One day in the drive through a lovely lady paid for our lunch! I couldn't believe it & I thought it was so sweet! I ended up paying-it-forward the following week (have to keep the movement going). I was so glad of the simple little reminder that there are still good people out there & I intend to try a lot harder in being one of those good people. 




Christmas Eve was a festive evening, we did some last minute shopping at the mall (I blame Taylor since he still had some shopping to do. I how ever had been done for quite some time), cooked a fantastic meal (Turkey & pig that were roasted in a pit for 12 hrs), then hung out with some friends. It was really a nice low key evening & the all the kids put on the Nativity scene.



Latest Posts:
18 Months
Lilianna's Preschool Christmas Program
Christmas Festivities 2013
Christmas Photo Shoot


























































No comments: