I love beginning a new year. I feel like it gives me the opportunity to have a fresh start, to renew myself & work on my bad habits. This year has started off great so far, but I always feel like I can do better. I've decided that this year will be dedicated to my family. I am going to work on being a better mom & wife. I am going to try to spend more time with my family whether it be saying "no" more often, to less time spent on my electronics. I feel like I waste a lot of my time on useless activities such as TV, the Internet, or just being over booked. So I'm really going to work on being more available especially for my little family. I really hope I can stick with this because I have a really hard time saying "No" to others….. We shall see!!
Our Year in Review 2013 (watch our Flipgram here, a slide show of all our favorite moments in 2013).
One last goal is being a better church member by looking for more ways to serve others. We as a family participated in cleaning the church last month. We were able to clean three out of the four Saturdays. Taylor, however, participated every Saturday. I was really proud of our little family & I knew that after that experience I wanted to work on more ways of serving others.
Yesterday, we were also given the opportunity to serve our family by participating in a family fast.
I'm so grateful that we had the opportunity because it really helped me reflect on my life, but as well as those around us. I really felt the Spirit strongly, especially during Sacrament meeting. It made it that much easier to fast because it was with a purpose. But unfortunately our church time changed from 11am to 1pm & my poor body couldn't handle fasting for so long….I about passed out in Relief Society. My blood sugar was way to low, that I started getting shaking & really hot. I got up twice to leave & get a drink, but I knew I needed to eat. I swear I am my Mother's daughter!!!! I went out to the car & ate some of the kids snacks & sure enough the shaking had stopped. The dizziness was gone & I felt fine. Seriously!!! I was so embarrassed!! But hey at least I caught myself before it got worse…..I know better, I do. The embarrassing part was having to go back in because Taylor was set-apart for his new calling (11 Year Old Cub Scout Leader) & I needed to be there….needless to say it was a very eventful day at church, both physical & spiritual! ha!
I hope everyone has a great 2014! I'm really excited for what the new year has in store for us! Good luck to keeping your resolutions & I hope I can do the same!
Cheers to 2014!!
Our Year in Review 2013 (watch our Flipgram here, a slide show of all our favorite moments in 2013).
One last goal is being a better church member by looking for more ways to serve others. We as a family participated in cleaning the church last month. We were able to clean three out of the four Saturdays. Taylor, however, participated every Saturday. I was really proud of our little family & I knew that after that experience I wanted to work on more ways of serving others.
Yesterday, we were also given the opportunity to serve our family by participating in a family fast.
I'm so grateful that we had the opportunity because it really helped me reflect on my life, but as well as those around us. I really felt the Spirit strongly, especially during Sacrament meeting. It made it that much easier to fast because it was with a purpose. But unfortunately our church time changed from 11am to 1pm & my poor body couldn't handle fasting for so long….I about passed out in Relief Society. My blood sugar was way to low, that I started getting shaking & really hot. I got up twice to leave & get a drink, but I knew I needed to eat. I swear I am my Mother's daughter!!!! I went out to the car & ate some of the kids snacks & sure enough the shaking had stopped. The dizziness was gone & I felt fine. Seriously!!! I was so embarrassed!! But hey at least I caught myself before it got worse…..I know better, I do. The embarrassing part was having to go back in because Taylor was set-apart for his new calling (11 Year Old Cub Scout Leader) & I needed to be there….needless to say it was a very eventful day at church, both physical & spiritual! ha!
I hope everyone has a great 2014! I'm really excited for what the new year has in store for us! Good luck to keeping your resolutions & I hope I can do the same!
Cheers to 2014!!

No comments:
Post a Comment