Lately the comments have been flying my way, "I see you're wearing your fat clothes today," or "Have a little too much to eat?!" As well as, "So you're really looking pregnant!" I just sit back, in amazement, at how people can honestly speak before they think. Yes I know exactly what you're thinking when you look at me, "There goes large & in charge prego lady!" I see it everyday in the mirror! What do you expect?! I'm 5'3 (on a really good day...honestly I'm 5'2 1/2) & when this girl gains weight it starts: 1.) Bra, 2.) Gut, 3.)The Butt. When you are low to ground, like myself, where else is it going to go?! And you end up feeling & looking like this:
Am I right?! You know I am! I remember when I was prego with Lilianna & my mother & I decided to have a fun little get away 2 days before she was born. We decided to go have some fun in Mesquite at the Casa Blanca. We relaxed, watched the Red Sox win, & played in the pool. I remember this woman coming up to me saying,"When are your twins due?!" I sat there in shock, with my mouth gaping open, & words not being able to escape from my mouth. My mother rushed to my rescue by saying,"She's having a baby girl, one baby, and she is being induced tomorrow." Well then the woman proceeded to go on, trying to sugar code the damage that she had done. People just seem to amazing me with their "lovely" comments.
Why am I writing this post, you wonder? Well it is for my own selfish reasons. It is to remind me of where I've been, where I'm headed, and that yes SOMEDAY I will be back my former body with a few new reminders of the journey I was on with Little Dude.
| Where I've Been |
![]() |
| Where I'm headed |
![]() |
| Where I will be, again, SOMEDAY |
I am not trying to sound cocky or think very highly of myself by writing this & posting pictures of myself. I am trying to remind myself that being pregnant is a beautiful thing & by a LOT of HARD WORK & effort I will get back my former self.
My last OBGYN told me that I was gaining too much weight (a diet was enforced) & that I will NEVER be back to my pre-prego self. It was his words that motivated me to get back into shape & to become the healthiest I've ever been. So, again, I can get there & I will!!!
To those of you who are reading this, bless you for listening to my nonsense. But every now & again we, as ladies, need a little pick-me-up to remind us of how amazing our bodies are! So stretch marks & weight gain, bring it!!!





2 comments:
Love this post! I HATE everything about being pregnant especially the obvious ones like being super sick the whole time but the part that is harder to talk about with other people is the fat part. I hate hate hate thinking of my body going to crap again but you are right, its what we do and its amazing and then we can work hard again and get it back to what we want....its scary! I dont know if I will be able to let myself go through all that again but I do know that you and this post will be in my mind if I do!! Thanks for sharing!!!
I am 5'2" 1/2 also, and when I get pregnant I always gain like 42-45 lbs, often gaining that while exercising too. Our small framed bodies, just gain a lot more than most I think. I remember when I was 6 months along and a lady came up to me and said that I must be due any time now. I kindly told her that I had 3 months left, how rude! I wanted to slap her! Some people just have no common sense! I'm sure you look adorable and I don't doubt that you will be back in shape after the baby before you know it. Hope the pregnancy is going well and I think you need to post a pregnancy picture. I think we always feel more huge than we really are :)
Post a Comment