| The Bear the Fire Fighters gave Lilianna |
Yesterday, in the Walmart parking lot, I just about had a heart attack!! I was put in a situation that I've never been put in before & was helpless. Lilianna was helpless & I couldn't help her. It honestly sucked big time! We had just done some grocery shopping, I usually don't go to Walmart just because its ALWAYS nut-so, but I needed to hit a store next door & opted to change up the routine. We rolled our way back to our car, after check-out, & I unlocked the car door to put lili in just so I knew where she was. Walmart parking lot is just crazy dangerous & I usually either keep Lils in the shopping cart or in the car with the door open. Well as I unloaded the groceries & was shutting the trunk door, I noticed all the doors were shut & locked with Lils inside....along with my keys, wallet, purse, etc. OMG!!!! I tried to open the door & off goes the alarm which made Lils totally start to freak out. I started to yell, "Open the door I can't open it!" Well that was totally the wrong approach because she realized there was no way out. You see the VW has a very sensitive alarm system/lock system. The moment the doors shut, they automatically lock.....yeah awesome...and if you even breath on the car the loud & obnoxious alarm goes off for ever!!! It was awful! Luckily two lovely ladies witnessed the whole thing & came to my aid. One lady went in & bought Lilianna candy & a drink to try to lure her out. It didn't work. The other woman just a calm & collective person, which was something we both needed that moment. We called 911 and they transferred me to the Fire Dept. Those guys were awesome too! They were there within 5 mins with toys to try & lure her out, but yet that didn't work either & the bummer part: the Fire Dept is no longer able to pop-n-unlock cars anymore due to lame people who complained that they scratched their cars while saving their kids lives....seriously so lame of people. So there we waited, this huge group of people congregated around my car not able to help Lilianna. Finally the locksmith arrived to saved the day! OMG was the only thing I could say...well actually swear words were bubbling up trying to come out :) I'll be honest! I'm so, so, so grateful that the situation wasn't worse, for instance 110 degrees outside, or that I managed to not lock my phone in the car with everything else, as well as perfect strangers willing to help a poor stressed out mama. It really made me appreciative. Moral to the story: VWs not my favorite cars right now...... and I finally have joined the Crazy 1000 Things going thru their Mind Mom's Club (I guess everyone has to go through this at some points in their lives :) )

1 comment:
This is a great story! I'm glad you guys are ok! i'm sure we'll join that club sooner or later :)
Post a Comment