Well my season has come to a close. I'm a bit bittersweet about it all. We did not make playoffs (we ended in a 3-way tie for 6th place), when we should have. We did not beat the teams that we should have beaten. It was just a weird season, seriously! But I had a great time getting to know my girls & my new assistant coach who hopefully is here to stay. I could not have done the season without her!
We had Senior Night which consumed my every moment for about a week straight. I'm usually on top of my game & have it all figured out at the beginning of the season, but this year I was struggling. I blame the lack of sleep. :) We assigned all the under class a senior, since I had 6 this year. Each girl made them a poster or two. I decided to get in on the action & make a Senior poster as well. It took me back to my high school days of being in Student Government & helping to plan events, as well as decorate. I also made each girl a picture frame, a goodie bag with the best
Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies! As well as flowers. My assistant coach originally made candy leis but her son got into them so she made candy bouquets. All-in-all I think the night turned out really well. We played the 3rd place team, so we struggled a bit & lost, but on to the next I guess.
 |
| For my Assistant Coach I made her a clipboard....kind of an inside joke I guess :) |
 |
| I gave each girl wrapped flowers. Brought me back to my Flower Shop days & how I remember how horrible I was at wrapping flower. Never had that magic touch! |
 |
| Worlds BEST Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies. The recipe is here. I have made them severely times since & OMG amazing!!! |
 |
| We love our Seniors!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment