Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Breaking News

Can I just say it has been a weird few days. It all started last week Thursday. I woke-up having an Alexander kind of day, you know the story, "The Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day". The day kind of started off like this, "..I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there’s gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.” And it just seemed to continue on its way. Well I think I may have broken my toe by doing something absolutely ridiculous: cooking dinner for my family....its a long story but today I woke up with major pain in it & more coloring. I'm honestly just a hot mess! 






Center pieces for the party.

Up up and away!

Saturday we got word that Taylor's step-grandfather passed away which kind of came at a shock to us, but then again we are so out of the loop being clear down her in Las Vegas that we never know what's going on. Non-the-less it's always sad losing a family member no matter how close you are to them. After we heard word of his passing, I heard or 2 more friends of our family passing. It always comes in threes right?!

Yesterday we finally find out how badly Taylor injured his knew: tore his ACL & meniscus in his right knee...such a bummer for him!! I've always been the one to undergo surgery (2 shoulder surgeries & shin surgery), but have never been on the other end: having to take care of a patient. So this is all kind of weird for me. We have to pick a surgery date this week, which honestly surgery is never convenient!  All I can say, as long as he's healed up by October I'm cool with anything! We are planning a family vacation to Disneyland for some body's 5th birthday & I cannot push a double stroller plus a wheelchair! That's just madness!! 

On a lighter note I've been working on my mama's retirement party. I'm getting really excited for it but I cannot believe that she is finally retiring! She's taught for 33 years, which is inspiring to me. I'm really excited for her & very proud. The them of the party is based on Dr. Seuss' book, "Oh! The Places You'll Go". That seems fitting right since she is a school teacher & we are basing it around a book :) I've been working on some of the decor, but I've got a lot more to do by Memorial Day since that's the party date.

Well Alexander's day ended up getting better at the end & all was ok.  Such is life, always throwing a few bumps in the road here & there, yeah?

No comments: