 |
| I edited the picture with Pic Monkey, a fabulous & free photo editing website. Check it out! |
I cannot believe that our little man is 1 year old?! Where has this past year gone? We were able to celebrate him all weekend long with lots of family. I had sent out invitations for a little
HuggleMonster (
Henry HuggleMonster is the newest character on
Disney Jr) Birthday Bash. I wanted to do a monster theme & found tons of fabulous ideas out there, but since both Lilianna & Ellis love
Henry HuggleMonster, I went with that. I think everyone had a "Roarsome" time ;)
 |
| We had visitors "Surprise" us on Saturday. Davin really loved playing dress-up with Lilianna. |
 |
| Saturday we celebrated with swimming at the pool & Monster cupcakes. |
 |
| I think it's safe to say that Ellis liked his cupcake, just a bit ;) |
 |
| A bath in sink was a must after that cupcake! He didn't want to get out he was having too much fun! |
On Ellis actual birthday we started the day off by celebrating with some Monster chocolate chip pancakes. He sure loved them!
 |
| Yep that's a Sox plate. Die hard fans around here ;) |
 |
| Ellis playing with his new lawn mower that Grandpa & Grandma gave him. He hasn't stopped playing with it! |
Lilianna & I made the HuggleMonster Birthday cakes. She was the best helper to have & she helped me every step of the way. She even created her own little Henry HuggleMonster cake. We used the Wilton Stand Up Bear cake stand, both the
mini & the
regular. You can buy them both online, but also at Michael's (which I purchased there with a 50% off coupon, score!). And the Monster Cake tutorial I found off of the Wilton website
here & just did my own twist on it to make more HuggleMonster like. It was a lot of work but I think it turned out great! FYI fondant is quite the experience. That was my first go at it....I definitely need more practice!
 |
| The Birthday Boy with his HuggleMonster cake |
 |
| Lilianna's cake turned out cute. She did a great job! She made the nose, arms, & spikes all by herself! |
 |
| The two cakes together. |
I painted this Henry HuggleMonster card board cut out & I got the idea from
here. All I used was a tri fold & I drew it freehand, no stencil. Ellis loved it! He kept giving him kisses & swatting at him, so I think he was a hit!
 |
| We adopted HuggleMonsters. I sewed the Monsters & used this pattern. I printed off adoption certificates for the kids to sign. Those certificates can be found here. |
 |
| The cupcake labels were found here & thanks to Disney's Monster University we were able to find all sorts of Monster things, such as these cupcakes which were purchased from Walmart. |
 |
| For food we did mini pizzas, which the birthday boy loved, fruit trays, veggie trays, chips & salsa, & of course cake. |
 |
| Ellis got new TOMS!! I guess you can call us a TOMS wearing family :) |
 |
| Unwrapping presents with help from her sister of course. |
 |
We adopted HuggleMonsters. I sewed the Monsters & used this pattern. I printed off adoption certificates for the kids to sign. Those certificates can be found here.
|
 |
| And it was cake time. We put Ellis on the table in front of his HuggleMonster cake, sang "Happy Birthday" to him & let him go to town. It was hilarious! He had the time of his life destroying his cake! |
The "I am One" high chair birthday banner came from
here & I thought it turned out adorable!
I purchased the "Happy Birthday" banner from Target for like $4 & the Ellis Birthday signs came from
here.
The "Have a Roarsome Day" sign came from
here. And the monster face cut outs came from
here. Lilianna & I had a blast designing our monster balloons!
Our little Man is definitely loved! Thanks for everyone helping us celebrate his 1st Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment