Sunday, April 27, 2014

Shenanigans with Nana & Papa

We spent two weeks with Nana & Papa: one here in Vegas & the other in Idaho. They were kind enough to come down & visit for a whole week while I worked. They were also sweet to invite us to tag-a-long with them on their trip back to Idaho. We have some of the greatest grandparents!


Lilianna was excited that they got to come watch her play soccer.
 We went to a festival at Floyd Lamb Park. I've been wanting to check that place out & we were invited by some friends to attend the festival. It was just the girls plus Ellis who went. We got to see some peacocks, ducks & ducklings.



 Ellis talking story with Papa. The kids pretending that Nana is a "neigh."


 Tia just got back from Italy & she was kind enough to bring us back some souvenirs. Lilianna & I received masquerade masks! They are really amazing & I cannot wait to wear mine at The Vampire Diaries Masquerade Ball :) Now I just need the rest of my costume.....
On our LONG drive to Idaho we came across some interesting things: we witnessed some dust storms out by the race tracks......
 .....we also were "lucky" enough to be caught in horrible traffic going North on the I-15.....it took us 4 hours to get to St. George. Luckily we were staying in Cedar for the night. I could not believe it! Between construction & the weird happenings taking place in small town Nevada...it was AWFUL!!! But at least we weren't the only ones suffering I guess. The kids were amazing actually! Ellis slept & Lilianna entertained herself. I, unfortunately, did not pack enough snacks.....
 We finally made it to Mesquite for a potty break!!!
 Geese & their babies roaming around Casa Blanca in Mesquite. Ellis thought it was the coolest thing to see, Mama Goose, however, did not!
 Welcome to Idaho is right!!! Seriously the longest road trip ever!! But we were so happy to see this sign.

Reunited and it feels so good! We love & miss Lizzy!! I guess we miss Tia too :)

 Lilianna made a Yellow Brick Road for us to play on.

This is the closet Miss Kiki would get to Ellis.
Playing in the rain puddles something we hardly EVER get to do in Vegas!

Playing Piano :)

Dying Easter Eggs


 Ellis playing in the trucks at the Mall.
 We found Uncle James' Batman & would not let it out of sight! When I told Ellis & Lilianna to put Batman up, I guess that meant the rocking chair was where he belong?!



Twining or I guess I mean Tripleting :) (Me, Lilianna & Nana all wore the same color jeans that day & no it was not planned!)

 Lilianna loves to create new things & do crafts. One thing we did was have a craft night. We made hair things, bracelets, & a firetruck out of a old show box. Lilianna wanted to make all the girlies making bracelets. Bracelet Buddies unite!
 Saturday night after Easter Dinner we went to the ISU Pow-Wow. As a kid I grew up going to these events because my mom worked at Tyhee School which is close to the Indian Reservation. So this was way cool to be able to take Lilianna & Ellis to. We go to experience a different culture. I loved the dancing & listening to the drums & the singers. There are many similarities to the Hawaiian culture. Ellis had a blast that he started dancing! I'm glad we got to experience this.



After the Easter Egg hunt at Rosette. We had a nice trip to Idaho. It was very low key with hardly any plans. Can't wait to go back!





No comments: