Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sprinkler Sprint


I am so proud of my little lady! She trained & competed in her 1st race: The Spirnkler Sprint 5k & she did AWESOME!! Lilianna, Ellis & I ran two times a week for the last couple of weeks. She would run the 1st mile with me, then hop in the stroller while I ran a few miles, then finish off the last mile home running with me. A lot of run/walking, but mostly running & for a 4 year old I was really impressed with her!

We ran with a few friends & had a blast! Lilianna & I also decided that since they did encourage people to dress-up, that we needed to. I wanted to be Ursala, from the Little Mermaid, & have Lilianna be Ariel, but that was not her idea at all. She wanted to be Flounder & I be Ariel, so I went with it. I found her old flounder costume & tweaked it a bit that would be comfortable to run in. Plus she already had a tutu, so all she really needed with some running shorts & we were good to go. For Ariel I found a green tutu & a red wig from Party City. I was really bummed that I could not find a shell bra anywhere, so I had to go with my old coconut bra :)

We had a great time, just her & me! And she is already asking about her next race :)
That's my girl!!

Trying on mama's Ariel Wig

Courtney & Lilianna after the race. They did awesome! They both ran 1 mile & then had a lovely time chatting in the stroller.

We made friends with another Ariel & Ursala 

Lilianna's 1st race bib :)

The Starting line was a great dance party filled with lots of cold water spraying us!

Before the race Lilianna wasn't quite awake :)
Our friends we ran with: Lindsey, Courtney, Lilianna, me & Amy. Fun times with some great girls!

This picture was on the website, do you see my red wig?! Haha we made it on the website!!


No comments: