Lilianna & I had a BLAST planning Ellis' 2nd Birthday Bash! We went back-and-forth trying to decide on what the theme should be. I really wanted to do a cowboys & Indians theme, but I think I will save that idea for later. We also played around with the idea of a firetruck theme, which he does adore, but we went with a construction theme instead. Lately, our little neighborhood has surrounded us with construction sites: the new highway, the new homes being built in our complex, the new LVAC Gym, plus brand new homes being built behind us. Yes everywhere! Ellis would get so excited to see all the different trucks, cranes, & especially the workers.
It all started with the invite. I knew these were the
invites the moment I laid my eyes on them! They turned out great too &
LittleApplesDesign were AMAZING to work with! The invitation can be find
here.
I next purchased at
Party Pack for the decor also found on Etsy. It can be found
here. Again loved the way they turned out &
LeeLaaLoo was great to work with! The party supplies came from
The Oriental Trading Co. I had a coupon so I got free shipping! I was stoked about that. I also purchased some last missing things from
Hobby Lobby. Rumor has it they are building one right across the street from me!!! Eek!!
 |
| Present station |
 |
| Happy Birthday Banner from our birthday printable pack. |
 |
| We served the chips in the dump truck. I loved that touch! |
For the food we did basically the usual: pizza, fruit, veggie trays, chips & salsa, and Goldfish crackers. We had popcorn from the
Poky Popcorn Shop, which is always tasty! For drinks it was Capri Suns for the kids & simple lemon/lime water. Our AMAZING cupcakes came from our adorable friend who works at
The Cupcakery!! She did such a fantastic job!! Ellis' personal cake came from
Walmart.
 |
For the photo booth, I got this idea from Pinterst (what would we do with out Pinterof course. I then drew the image off of the birthday invite & drew it on to white poster paper. I painted it, then attacked it to a big piece of cardboard. The kids really did enjoy it!
 |
 |
I had these two prints blown up by FedEx Prints. The tractor was a color station, and the dump truck was used for "Pin the Wheel on the Dump Truck."


 |
| The kids colored on this as well, that was also blown-up at FedEx. The color sheet was included in my party pack. |
|
 |
| Photo banner from pictures of the little man through out the year. |
 |
| Another color station. |
 |
| We had a hammer station. Each kid was given two tools to put in their tool belts. They then went to work at the hammer station & they went to town!! I bought the floral foam from Micheal's. I did not anticipate the mess that it would create but boy did it keep those little boys occupied for quite some time! The idea came from here. |
 |
| The entry way: I found the hard hats & the "tool boxes" (aka the white boxes) at Oriental Trading co. The aprons came from Lowes & there were only $0.98 a piece!! Such a steal! The name tags came from my party pack & I used paracord that I found at Walmart. We also found the tools at Target. Each kid was greeted at the door by the hostess: Lilianna. She did a great job passing out their work equipment. |
 |
| We found the Caution Tape at Hobby Lobby. |
 |
| The dessert table! Cake, cupcakes, popcorn & candy. The table cloth was purchased at SpoonFlower. They have the coolest fabrics! Nana is going to make a little creation out of it now :) |
 |
| The cute cake made by Walmart. Again I had no idea they did these little cakes & we only paid $10. It was pretty delicious too!! |
 |
| Our AWESOME cupcakes made by our adorable friend from The Cupcakery! I gave her a pictures & she totally got it perfectly! Our flavors were: Chocolate, Vanilla & Red Velvet. I kept it pretty simple on the flavor department :) |
 |
| Birthday Boy by his cupcakes. He loved that they were trucks! |
 |
| Blowing out the candles. |
 |
| He loved opening up his presents. I have to say he received some pretty great things!! |
 |
| Probably one of his favorite presents was from his "cousin-friend" Harper. He hasn't stopped drilling! |
 |
| Our cute little Birthday Boy! "I two!" |
Thank you to all our AMAZING friends & family who helped make Ellis' 2nd Birthday a success!! He is one loved little man who was very spoiled yesterday but that was thanks to you!! I'm especially grateful for my AMAZING mama!! I could not have done this with out all of her help!!! Happy Happy Birthday Little Dude!!
No comments:
Post a Comment