Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pocatello Marathon 2014

This race is by far one of my most favorite races I have ran! This was my 3rd time training/running the Pocatello Marathon. I consider myself only half crazy but running the 1/2 marathon portion :) I love the way the course is set up, yes it's a very difficult course, but is a beautiful course to run. I love how well organized it is & I just LOVE the crowd/atmosphere of the race! People are so positive & they cheer you through-out the whole race its awesome! This year I really struggled with training. When I went running I had to take the kids with me which sometimes is a complete joke! Ellis won't sit in the stroller for longer then 5 minutes, Lilianna is asking if she can get out (plus she's getting too big for the stroller). And its just wicked out in Las Vegas this time of the year! So I did my best, trained as best as I could (between the kids & working my 50 million jobs), joined a running group (which helped a ton!) & had Lilianna run with me :)
Add caption


My running group meets early early Saturday mornings. I've only ran with them 2 times but it really helped me get some long runs in. We run from the top of Mt. Charleston at 5am. Yeah early but so worth it! The group is made up of some amazing ladies who are great runners. I'm so glad I get to be a part of this awesome group :)

The day of the race, I woke-up feeling rested & ready. Everything seemed to go smoothly: I got a decent amount of sleep, I was kind of able to eat breakfast, I picked-up my friend & we cruised to the buses. We got on the wrong bus at first, ha ha! As we got dropped off I went to take a picture of the scenery with my phone & it wouldn't turn on!!!!!! I seriously about cried!!! My stink-in phone is dying on me....I've been holding out for the iPhone 6 which is due out like next week but I don't think I'll make it. I had NO MUSIC TO RUN WITH!!!! Do you know how hard that was for me?! I have NEVER trained without music so this was a total complete mental game for me. I didn't know what pace I was at, because my phone does that all for me. I didn't have my power song "Bailando" by Enrique Iglesias or my upbeat song Demi Lovato "Really Don't Care." I hit that miserable hill at mile 8, which is where I really need my tunes! But as soon as I got to the top I saw some familiar faces (my cute little family) at Century High School & I was good until the end. My legs hurt, my shins hurt, my knees hated me but hey I finished in 2 hrs flat. No my best race but not my slowest. I took 8th in my age group & 84 overall. Next year I'll be faster!!
Lilianna ran the kids race. She did the .20 race & she did awesome!! I tell you that girl is a natural runner. She's quick, she's fast, she has perfect form I think she's going to be a runner when she gets older! She was the 1st girl to finish which was awesome! She received a bag, medal, shirt & pizza which is probably what she cared about the most :) She wore her medal everywhere that day. So proud of my little lady!








It's always fun seeing familiar faces! This girl is one heck of a runner!! 







No comments: