Saturday, September 6, 2014

Little Lady is Growing Up

Words cannot express how proud I am of this little lady! She has really grown-up in the last year, in the last few months. She can ride her bike now! Yay! She's made some new friends & she was more then ready to go to Kindergarten. We could not be more proud of our little lady!! xoxo


I bought this bike at a garage sale about a month ago. I knew that she would feel more comfortable learning to ride with out training wheels on this little bike 1st and then progress to her big bike. She took to it naturally! Thanks to dad she was a riding machine within a night.

Lilianna is a pretty popular little lady. I swear the girl has a birthday party every other weekend! Her good friend Jayden had a Frozen party so I decided to give her a birthday present a little early which was her Anna dress. Gosh she looked adorable!!
First day of Kindergarten!!! This day could come soon enough! She was so excited to meet her new teacher, meet new friends, learn, play & just go back to school. So far her 1st few weeks have been great!

The PTA provided donuts on the 1st day of school.

Lining up and say goodbye to her parents.

All ready to learn!!
One last story I had the most interesting experience deciding on where Lilianna should go to school. I applied at Adelson, which she got in, but after praying about it for weeks, I just didn't feel like that was the right place for both her & Ellis. I applied on the "Mormon Charter School" (I call it that because I kid you not 95% of the students, or so it seems, is LDS & is from our Stake). I also have mix emotions about charter schools. I don't know blame my public school teaching parents, but charter schools are public schools. And it drives me bananas that people get this snobby attitude that their kids go to a "public school." I'm sorry just because a kid wears a uniform doesn't make it private school & you aren't paying college tuition to send your child to school! (sorry off my soap box). She didn't get in until after the 1st week of school. Again we said, "Thanks, but no thanks." I applied for a Zone Variance to Goynes, which is the school across the street from our babysitter, yet again we were denied. Apparently she was meant to go to Kay Carl & so far things have just seemed right & where she is meant to be at this time. She knows one other little girl, whom is in the other Kindergarten class, but she has made new friends very quickly! Again, we are so very proud of her & I cannot wait to watch her learn, grow & blossom over the next year.

No comments: