Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ragnar Las Vegas 2014

Ragnar Really is no joke. I was asked about a month ago to join a team who needed one more person. Me being the "yes man" for I swear everything, said yes of course. Little did I know what I was getting myself into! ha! I didn't really know how to truly prepare for this race. I knew it would be a physical challenge, but it was a huge mental challenge. You're sleep deprived, dehydrated, running literally on fumes, but such an accomplishment when you finish. 

I was the 1st runner for our team, which meant I got to start our whole entire team off! I was nervous but also grateful that I got to be the 1st & get it done & over with ha! I'd like to think I set the tone for our team, which lead us to a 1st place victory in our division! (no I'm kidding, I seriously was just so happy to be done & do well.) Our team was a bunch of rock stars who did awesome! I'm so glad I got to know some new people who are amazing runners. My body may hurt, I'm definitely sleep deprived, but it was worth it!









Only in Vegas do you get to see a creepy old "Elvis"


Oh Mr. Speedo Man. We saw him EVERYWHERE & at every exchange! Kudos to him for running in a banana hammock!






It's never an option to have bad tan lines from your speedo ;)

I ran the 1st leg down Lee Canyon. It was 7 miles down hill. Definitely  an accomplishment so we all had to get a great picture!


Ok the whole Kill thing was funny to me. In the safety meeting, they are talking about kills. Naturally, being a volleyball coach, my mind went to volleyball kills ha! Nope that was wrong it meant people who you passed on your runs.




Our team were the Wild Thing Wonder Women (they wouldn't let them change their names from last year I guess). Ellis thought that my team shirt was his. He ran around the house the next 2 days saying, "I'm Super Ellis!" Lilianna loved my socks, naturally.

Our amazing team ended up taking 1st place!! Way to go Team Wild Things!!

No comments: